wacky racer

 I've added a bracket, left over from a broken outdoor floodlight, and connected up the ball launcher thing... and to my mind it looks like some crazy supercharger on a 1970s wacky racer car.

The motors are controlled - at the minute by an Arduino Uno and an L298N speedcontroller running at @11v... basic testing has established it needs to run at about 70/255 to launch the balls, slow enough that they don't shoot across the room, but fast enough that they don't get stuck and jam the drive.

I've added a slightly upturned spout instead of the straight out barrel I started with as until I bodged up the "Fishbowl" which sits 40cm high I didn't even think that the gravity feed into the wheels isn't going to work if I angle the whole thing.

Once the paint is dry on the fishbowl I'll test the setting a little more precisely. I need to add a pop bottle to the inlet side so I don't have to reload so often, and a servo arm to block the inlet when I want to stop shooting. 




Comments